Who are we?
Uptimal is a Non-traditional & Independent MarTech consultancy and Digital Talent Hiring agency. While other agencies still approach Media & Analytics in a traditional manner, we automate marketing processes at scale
get better results.
Results are what matters, and in digital marketing, technology plays a big role. We are committed to find the most balanced and practical approach to every challenge. Unpacking industry news and synthesising important
themes is essential to operating successfully in Ad Tech. But, understanding the deeper implications of that analysis and turning it into actionable strategies is what differentiates us from others.
Our people are solution-oriented. If there is a way, we will find it. We challenge ourselves, but we also like to be challenged by our clients.
Who are we hiring for?
An International FMCG company.
Amsterdam – mostly working remotely. Required to be in the office from time to time.
Our client is looking for an experienced and **business minded** Data & Analytics Director (8 to 10 years experience in the field of data and analytics) to help them on their transformational journey to a data driven brand building.
Reporting to the Global VP, you will be responsible to contribute and globally execute the (direct-to-consumer) brand data strategy. You will be working in a startup-like environment with the advantages of a big corporation.
You will also be responsible to change management mindset towards a more data driven decisioning approach and land mentality to ensure that new designed data solutions help and are being adopted by users across all the business units.
What you will do
- Define a data solution architecture to solve current business challenges.
- Work alongside Product Owners to align on analytics/data task prioritisation.
- Lead the testing team to ensure that the developed analytics solution is of use for the company and makes a positive impact in the business.
- Responsible for evangelising a data driven decision making culture across Mars by fostering a hypothesis driven approach to problem solving.
- Work with the data teams of the different business units to align on the data strategy by ensuring KPIs harmonisation (thus avoiding silos), activation and visualisation.
- Work closely with the AI Director, the Data Science and the Data Engineering teams to unlock problems and also ensure that AI initiatives have the right data (shape, accuracy and quality) to work, thus helping to make these initiatives profitable for the business.
- Lead complex analytical exercises/projects and which lead to actionable direction within the business marketplace.
What you will need
- 8 to 10 years experience in the field of data and analytics.
- Experience on interpreting data and the ability to communicate insights to stakeholders in an easy and comprehensive manner.
- Experience working on Direct-To-Consumer model companies.
- Experience and comfort working directly with senior leaders.
- Be collaborative and have the potential to influence people in the work environment to generate positive results.
- Good understanding of Profit and Loss Statement (P&L), Value Chain analysis and Customer life cycle value.
- Familiarity with modelling techniques and advanced applied skills (e.g Linear/Multiple regression, …).
- Good knowledge of Data Visualisation tools, preferable Tableau or Power BI.
- Experience working with Scrum/Agile.
- Strong understanding of Data Protection and Privacy principles and practices including GDPR.
- FMCG experience is nice to have.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
Salary & Conditions
- 110k-125k EUR gross salary per annum.
- 17% variable bonus.
- Company benefits such as pension.
- Relocation package where applicable.
- Final salary and bonuses will depend on the candidates experience assessed during the interviews.